To do for this week:
- Get everyone’s schedules situated for the testimonial video shoot
- Meet with the team to go over the Panavision camera
- Start thinking about lighting diagrams, camera and lens selections, lighting and grip gear.
- Meet with the team about the storyboards
- Start scheduling B-ROLL shoots and finishing location scouting
- Contact John about locations
We’ve found our main actor for the integrated project and we also nailed down our plan for the cultural support video. We plan on getting about 15 to 20 people for the first Saturday in October (gallery hop) and split them into groups so we can film with different people throughout the day.
The group teamed up with fellow CCAD student Darien Fisher and he is super excited to help us with the music for the projects.
In Collaborative Projects we have been assigned to create videos for the Greater Columbus Film Commission. I’m excited for this project because I get test my skills as a Cinematographer as well as learning the business side to my major and working on a team.
Integrated Project 60 sec.
- Clean Up
- Oversee project
Cinematic Arts 30 sec. Project
- Creative Director
- Clean up
- Motion Graphics
Notes from John Daugherty:
I really enjoy the look of the landscape shots in this video (brightness, space, etc.)
I really enjoy this video because even though it is black and white you can still get the feel for how bright the environment is and I really want to utilize the sun/ our environment .
As far as the shooting style I like, this video really showcases it. I love wide angles and fast cuts between shots. I also really like movement in shots (tracking, dolly, etc.)