The Cinematic team and I have figured out a way to salvage our footage. There was a lot of trial and error but I edited one clip (and still working on that one clip) and added leaves using photoshop brushes. Unfortunately they don’t work with After Effects so I messed with the clip in Photoshop.
After talking to the Animation team they gave me some pointers on how to make the process better and faster.
The screenshots below are WIP examples of the leaves without color grading or roses added.
After receiving news from our clients about the clips that we have shot, the group and I have decided to see if we can save the clips in post. The color correcting and color grading seems to be going well but it’s going to take us way longer then we thought due to the weather.
I have sent emails to Chris and Jason again to see if I will get a reply for the testimonial shoot but I am currently editing Jenny’s footage and getting different versions of that put together.
Next week we plan on shooting the cultural support video as well as more BROLL before the weather gets worse.