Textures and Inspiration
The semester has come to an end and I’m happy with the effort my classmates put into the project. Mary is finishing up some final things with the edit and we all are helping throughout.
It was a fun experience but I’m glad the semester is over.
Michael, Ami and I are editing different versions of the Cultural Support video to give our client options.
In my edit I have decided to combine the interview voice over as well as some footage of the integrated and drone shots to make a complete piece.
The Cinematic team and I have figured out a way to salvage our footage. There was a lot of trial and error but I edited one clip (and still working on that one clip) and added leaves using photoshop brushes. Unfortunately they don’t work with After Effects so I messed with the clip in Photoshop.
After talking to the Animation team they gave me some pointers on how to make the process better and faster.
The screenshots below are WIP examples of the leaves without color grading or roses added.
After receiving news from our clients about the clips that we have shot, the group and I have decided to see if we can save the clips in post. The color correcting and color grading seems to be going well but it’s going to take us way longer then we thought due to the weather.
I have sent emails to Chris and Jason again to see if I will get a reply for the testimonial shoot but I am currently editing Jenny’s footage and getting different versions of that put together.
Next week we plan on shooting the cultural support video as well as more BROLL before the weather gets worse.
We met with the clients and seem to be on the right track as a group. We also decided to do our tech scout this Monday the 2nd due to rain this morning. I’m contacting the clients to get finalized dates as well as flying the drone tomorrow morning and tomorrow night.
I’m the director for the cultural support video and we finalized our plan. Ami is making rough storyboards and I’m looking for a time early November where we can shoot. Michael is contacting locations that we need permission to film in with John’s help.
The crew and I finally shot for the integrated project this Saturday. Going over the footage we have a lot of clips that we like and we are currently coming up with a plan for how we are going to edit the video together and study the boards to figure out what else we have to shoot.
Here is a video clip that the CA team shot and Sam Devine added the motion graphic line element as well as the Film Commission logo:
I’m currently emailing Jason and Chris to find a time and location that works for everyone so we can get the interview’s done with and we are figuring out who is editing the pieces together. We are also picking another date to shoot pick ups for the integrated project and discussing our execution plan for the cultural support video.